Senator Mario Baldassarri is the new CIIM Italy President
CIIM Canada is happy to announce that Senator Mario Baldassarri, President of the Finance Commission at Italian Senate, was unanimously elected as the new President of CIIM Italy last February 27th in Rome.
We are extremely grateful to immediate past President, Giuseppe Zamberletti, for the great job done and we are wishing to Senator Baldassarri all success in this new endeavour.
Senator Baldassarri biography.
Mario Baldassarri was born in Macerata, Italy, on September "10th, 1946. He graduated from the University of Ancona with a degree in Economics in 1969 and obtained a Ph.D in Economics in 1977 from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA, with advisors Robert Solow, Franco Modigliani and Paul Anthony Samuelson.
Member of the Italian Government as Viceminister of the Economy and Finance (since 2001 to 2006).
In actually is Senator of Italian Republic and President of the Finance Commission of the Senate.
a) Academic positions
- 1988 to present (on leave for the position of Vice-Minister): Professor of Economics, University of Rome "La Sapienza".
- 1979-1988: Professor of Economics, University of Bologna.
- 1974-1978: Associate Professor of Economics, Catholic University of Milan.
- 1970-1974: Assistant Professor of Economics, University of Turin.
b) Scientific activity and publications
- From 1987 to 2001 he was editor of the "Rivista di Politica Economica" published by S.I.P.I.Confindustria in Rome, and currently he is President of the Scientific Board. He is aldo editor of the "Monografie RPE" book series publishedby SIPI-Confindustria and the "Central Issues in Contemporary Economy Theory and Policy" series published by Palgrave Macmillan &Co., London.
- Author of several books and scientific publications on a wide range of economy issues, theoretical analysis and empirical evidence of the role of Government Budget on the economy system both in terms of economy control and stabilization and in terms of exogenous and endogenous growth. He has also been working on problems related to monetary policy and to industrial policy, as well as on problems on the structure of labour market and employment.
c) Others professional experiences
- Senior Advisor to a number of Finance Ministers, Treasury Ministersand Prime Ministers of various Italian governments.
- 1980-2001 : Advisor to Confindustria, the Italian association of industries.
- Advisor to a number of major Italian multinational corporations on investment strategies in North America and South America.
- 1984-1988: Member of the Board of Directors of EFIM, a former state manufacturing conglomerate.
- 1982-1988: Member of the Board of Directors of ENI, Italy's state oil company.
PUBLICATIONS : go to "Pubblicazioni scientifiche" on the web-site
- Author of 10 scientific books
- Editor of 22 books of RPE Series - SIPI, Rome
- Editor of 50 books of Central issues in Contemporary Economic Theory and Policy Series - Palgrave & Macmillang, London
- Author of more then 50 scientific articles
- Author of more then 400 newspaper's articles